DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
THE BRINDLEY THEATRE AND EVENTS
Who is the Data Controller for the information I provide?
- Halton Borough Council is the Data Controller for the personal information you provide.
- The Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted on 0151 511 7003 or by email to Peter.Richmond@halton.gcsx.gov.uk
- We collect and hold information about you for marketing purposes and should we need to contact you about your bookings.
Why do you need my information?
- Marketing purposes and should we need to contact you about your bookings.
What legal basis allows you to use my information?
- The legal basis that allows us to process your data is ‘Consent’.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
- If you do not provide this information to us we will not be able to provide you with show and events information, or process a booking.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent for this service contact the Brindley Theatre Box Office Tel 0151 907 8360 or email email@example.com
Who will my information be shared with?
- Ticketing System Supplier
- Marketing Mailing Companies
How long will you keep this information for and why?
- Seven years from registration in line with Council retention policy and schedule.
How will my information be stored?
- Theatre Ticket Sales – All data is electronically stored.
- Hirers/Promotors/Event providers - All data is electronically stored and securely in paper format.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
- Right to be informed – through this Privacy Notice
- Right to rectification – you have the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing however the right to erasure does not apply in some circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to block or suppress processing of your data; however this right does not apply in some circumstances.
- Right to object to processing (to certain types of processing only)
- Rights related to profiling.
- Right of Access - you have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 (General Data Protection Regulation 2018) to request a copy of your information and to know what it is used for and how it has been shared. This is called the right of subject access. To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used download a copy of our form from https://www4.halton.gov.uk/Pages/councildemocracy/Data-Protection.aspx and send it to Information Governance Service, Halton Borough Council, Service Improvement Division, Municipal Building, Widnes, WA8 7QF
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
- You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Officer by writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Service, Halton Borough Council, Municipal Building, Widnes, WA8 7QF.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 545745.